Gelato in the time of COVID
Due to the global COVID-19 pandemic, we are implementing increased safety measures and operational changes to protect the health and safety of our employees, customers, and communities. We want to do all we can to help navigate these uncertain times while providing you with the same experience you’ve come to know and love about Black Dog Gelato.
Following are the steps we are taking:
- Customers and employees will be required to wear face masks while in the shop.
Reducing Hand-to-Hand Contact
- For the 2020 season, there will be no samples or cones. We will resume these items once we feel it’s safe to do so.
- Credit card payments are encouraged, but cash will be accepted.
- We will provide pre-wrapped spoons to eat your gelato.
- A limited number of customers will be allowed in the shop at one time.
- While in the shop, customers will be asked to keep a 6-ft distance between each other.
Employee Health Checks
- Before coming to work, employees will conduct a self -health assessment to evaluate possible symptoms and exposure risks.
- We will continue to be fully transparent with our staff and customers of any health risk.
Updated Cleaning Procedures
- We will be implementing and following all current cleaning and disinfecting protocols from the City of Chicago and the State of Illinois, including hourly cleaning of all surfaces and spot cleaning when necessary.
- The use of single-use gloves and constant hand washing will be enforced.
- There will be no indoor until further notice. Delivery is available through UberEats, DoorDash, Caviar, and Postmates.
- There will be no public access to our bathrooms for the immediate future.